Purchase individual Display Cases for $.75 or a packet of 4 pages for $2.80.
Make a selection from the menu above.
One sheet of 8.5” x 11” paper makes one GrandStand. View the product assembly video on this page. Print GrandStands on index- or cover stock-weight paper in color or black/white.
Scroll down for Things to Do and ways to Store GrandStands!
Things to Do:
Note that GrandStands can be used on a table or desktop, or they can be glued, stapled, or push-pinned onto a bulletin board.
- Use these GrandStands with students who are learning or reviewing Seasons of the Year. Have students observe and describe the graphics used on each stand. Note the following: the name of the season, Real-World Print examples, and a graphic that represents the season.
- Use quarter- or half-sheets of paper to record things that happen during each season. Include weather events, food that is seasonal, sports that are played, clothes that are worn, and cultural or holiday events that occur. Note which seasons come before and after a given season. Relate seasons to months of the year.
- Make flashcards that use the name of the season in a sentence. Example: It rains nearly every day in spring. We like to swim in summer. Students remove the flashcards from one of the season GrandStands, “read” them and place the ones they can read to the left side of the stand and the ones they need help with on the right side.
- Have students write their names on flashcards and help them determine and write the season in which they were born below their name. Sort their flashcards onto the corresponding season GrandStand and make a tally chart to record the data collected.
- Season-related photographs, magazine pictures, and student art can become flashcards to be displayed on the Seasons of the Year GrandStands.
- Use GrandStands as a bulletin board throughout the school year to collect cards that have been used to record season-related words, phrases, and sentences that were read, heard, or observed in the following: literature, rhymes, songs, science observations, others. Example: She planted seeds every spring.
- Determine how seasons vary by region.Use the stands to compare and contrast seasons in two very different climate regions.
- GrandStands are teaching aids that can be used to display many different forms of print: student writing, teacher notes, Internet print, quotes, and vocabulary terms. Use in stations or work areas.
- The size of the GrandStand is perfect for displaying quarter-sheets, half-sheets, and folded sheets of 8.5” x 11” paper. Worksheets can be folded in half and placed on a GrandStand. MiniBooks and Side-by-Side Books can also be featured.
When made using index-weight paper, GrandStands last for several years. Glue together as demonstrated in the Assembly Video on this page or in the Multi-media Videos and store in the following ways:
- Store vertically in a Box Book in your LOCOmotion Box Library (made from cereal boxes).
- Store vertically in plastic or cardboard magazine holders.
- Store multiple sets of Grandstands vertically in a copy paper box.