With this downloadable product, one sheet of 8.5” x 11” paper makes one GrandStand. View the product assembly video on this page.
Print GrandStands on index- or cover stock-weight paper in color or black/white.
Scroll down for Things to Do and ways to Store GrandStands!
Things to Do:
Note that GrandStands can be used on a table or desktop, or they can be glued, stapled, or push-pinned onto a bulletin board.
- Use this GrandStand to feature one word or a stack of sight word flashcards.
- Make and display term flashcards from featured literature, spelling lists, and/or a chapter in a content-based text.
- Use in stations or work areas to feature teacher-written notes, instructions, or questions.Use half-sheets of paper 8.5”x 11” paper or notebook paper as cards.
- Use this generic GrandStand display labels or to name things or areas in a classroom -- featured book nook, quiet zone, observation area, art table, health center, and more.
- Share selected student writing or drawings for all to see.Have students write or draw on half-sheets of 8.5” x 11” paper so they will fit on the stand.If sheets of 8.5”x11” paper are used, fold them in half.Before displaying the folded sheets, have students write their name and/or draw a cover picture on the front of the folded page.Fellow students can remove the folded sheet, open it, observe its contents, and place it back on the GrandStand.
- Select special student worksheets to be folded in half and placed on GrandStands. Encourage other students to look at this featured work during the day.
- GrandStands are teaching aids that can be used to display many different forms of print including internet print, quotes, current events, rhymes, riddles, and fun facts.
- MiniBooks and Side-by-Side Books can also be featured on GrandStands.
When made using index-weight paper, GrandStands last for several years. Glue together as demonstrated in the Assembly Video on this page or in the Multi-media Videos. Store GrandStands in the following ways:
- Store vertically in a Box Book in your LOCOmotion Box Library (made from cereal boxes).
- Store vertically in plastic or cardboard magazine holders.
- Store multiple sets of Grandstands vertically in a copy paper box.