This Notebooking Central booklet contains purposeful templates with main ideas, graphics, and springboards for thinking about key United States History topics from Reconstruction to modern times--please see Table of Contents for the complete list of topics. Two special features of this resource book are:
- recurring sets of "big picture" templates spanning a time period. These might be used as overviews of advance organizers, possibly put together in an accordion-style foldout.
- a section of generic templates that can be used variably for current event connections, or for putting oneself into a given historical event or issue and taking a reporting stance.
Notebooking Central booklets are a response to teachers who asked for content-specific Notebook Foldables that:
- provide graphics to aid comprehension and memory;
- provide front tabs that elicit student responses on the back of tabs, underneath tabs, and on the notebook page surrounding tabs; and
- provide ideas for the use of Notebook Foldables within different content areas.
This Notebooking Central booklet offers templates for use in teaching United States History. Duplicate the pages you consider most important, and use suggestions from other pages to generate your own ideas. Present a concept, then have students outline and design their own Notebook Foldables.
For more in-depth information on Notebook Foldables strategies, please consider Dinah Zike's Notebook Foldables for Spirals, Binders, and Composition Books book and companion CD, a 2011 Teacher's Choice Award winner. This book and the Notebooking Central series were designed to complement each other.
Price includes standard shipping within contiguous U.S. states; please contact our office for shipping rates and options for other areas.