Purchase individual Display Cases for $.75 or a packet of fourteen for $9.80.
Make a selection from the menu above.
One sheet of 8.5” x 11” paper makes one Display Case. View the product assembly video on this page. Print Display Cases on index- or cover stock-weight paper in color or black/white.
Scroll down for Things to Do and ways to Store Display Cases.
Things to Do:
- Collect and sort small physical objects that represent each shape and/or cut-out shapes of different sizes and colors that can be sorted. (See related products.)
- Sort physical shapes by size, color, or position. Example: smallest to largest
- Collect and sort 2-D shapes flashcards and/or shape names. (See related products.)
- Collect and sort photographs of shaped objects.
- Observe, discuss, and use the wallpaper on the display cases. Color three or four of the small black/white shapes behind the large featured shape. Students describe the small colored shapes in complete sentences using position words. Examples: The small red square is above the big yellow square. The small green square is beside the big yellow square.
- “Read” the shape words used as wallpaper.Have students point to examples of the shape word written in all upper-case letters, written in all lower-case letters, written with a capital letter at the beginning of the word. Point to the shape word written in blue letters.
- Place the display cases end-to-end to form a train of shapes. Use ordinal and cardinal numbers to describe the position of given shapes.
Store Display Cases
Instead of assembling with glue, use paper clips to secure the sides of the display so it can be folded flat and stored in the following ways:
- Glue into LOCOmotion Classroom Notebooks or Station Books.
- Place in large pockets in LOCOmotion Classroom Notebooks or Station Books.
- Place in labeled plastic bags or expandable file folders.
- Store inside a Box Book in your LOCOmotion Box Library (made from cereal boxes).