Workshops, Keynotes, & Seminars for Teachers & Parents
Learn by doing in a fast-paced, interactive workshop with Dinah Zike or one of her knowledgeable trainers, including the directors at her highly acclaimed Dinah Zike Academy. Dinah or DZA trainers are available to conduct keynote speeches, teacher professional development, and parent workshops.
Participants leave each of our hands-on workshops with many action-based, multi-disciplinary manipulatives that they can use immediately with their students.
All trainers present practical instructional strategies and:
• Activities that reduce paper use district-wide;
• Activities that give teachers alternatives to photocopied worksheets;
• Activities that integrate science and social studies into the whole day;
• Activities that can be used for alternative assessment; and
• Activities that integrate the use of publishing centers and portfolios.
Schedule one of these available workshops:
• Foldables® and Notebook Foldables® Across the Curriculum (K-5/6 or MS/HS)
• Foldables® and Notebook Foldables® for Math (K-5/6 or MS/HS)
• Foldables® and Notebook Foldables® for Science (K-5/6 or MS/HS)
• Foldables® and Notebook Foldables® for Social Studies and Geography (K-5/6 or MS/HS)
• Foldables® and Notebook Foldables® for Language Arts (K-5/6 or MS/HS)
• Foldables® and Notebook Foldables® for ELL/ESL (K-5/6 or MS/HS)
• Building Academic Vocabulary with Foldables® and VKVs® (K-5/6 or MS/HS)
• Reading and Writing Across the Curriculum with a Focus on Math and Science (K-5/6 or MS/HS)
Some notes on scheduling a workshop:
We typically plan for a 2.5- to 3.0-hour workshop; if you'd like a workshop of a different length, please let us know. We work with all group sizes; please note approximate audience size as you begin making arrangements.
Dinah prefers to work with larger audiences (300 or more participants) in the morning for a 2.5- to 3.0-hour workshop. Sometimes districts work together to bring Dinah in and share the expenses of an unforgettable "Dinah-Might" experience.
Contact us to check Dinah's (or other trainers') availability and work out the details.
Workshop Planner Form Required
Please complete this planner form (click here) and send it to our office at least 30 days prior to intended workshop via e-mail, fax, or snail mail so we can schedule just the right trainer for your needs.
Consider purchasing DMA books or materials for your workshop participants. Our trainers will be glad to share ideas for utilizing these books during the workshop and show your teachers how best to make use of them.
Dinah-Might Adventures, LP P.O. Box 690328 San Antonio, TX 78269-0328
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph: (210) 698-0123 or (830) 995-3800, ext. 23 (Sara) Fax: (210) 698-0095 or (830) 995-5205
We'll be glad to answer questions or accept faxes from either set of numbers!
Tips for a Successful Workshop
Tips for making this workshop the best experience for your teachers and our presenters:
Please check that A/V equipment works 2-12 hours prior to the workshop rather than 15-30 minutes beforehand.
If this is not possible, please have an experienced A/V technician on hand to help our presenter resolve any technical issues.
If you plan for the workshop in a long, narrow room, please arrange the room so that the presenter is in the center of the room rather than at one end.
If the workshop location contains noisy equipment (loud A/C units, ice makers, etc.), please take that equipment into account in the room set-up. It can be extremely difficult to talk over such equipment, but a great deal can be resolved by rethinking the presentation space.
Place work tables the minimal space apart-there does not need to be a lot of room between tables; just enough for participants to get to their seats!
Presenters do appreciate a center corridor in the room (maybe 3' to 4' wide) to work the room from front to back.